- "I have no choice."
- ―Silver Surfer
|Silver Surfer (Story series)|
|Real Name||Norrin Radd|
|Movie||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer|
|Game||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer|
|Actor|| Doug Jones|
Laurence Fishburne (voice)
|Voice Actor||Brian Bloom|
Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) was once the herald for Galactus before turning against him.
- "Your herald summons you. Another world waits. Let it be dealt quickly."
- ―Silver Surfer summoning Galactus
Long ago, a man named Norrin Radd agreed to become Galactus' herald in return for the safety of his home world, and, therefore, a woman he loved. He travels from planet to planet, drawing power from his surfboard itself, which also serves as a beacon for Galactus. His travels eventually lead him to Earth. He flies over Latveria and unknowingly awakens the imprisoned Dr. Doom.
The Surfer discovered he was tracked by both the U.S. military and Reed Richards, who are concerned by the cosmic anomalies that he is causing. He eventually reaches New York and flies past Reed's wedding ceremony to Sue Storm. He is then pursued by the Human Torch. The Silver Surfer grabs Johnny and takes him up into the upper atmosphere and lets him plummet back to Earth. This causes problems for Johnny's powers and has disastrous implications when the Fantastic Four next encounter the Silver Surfer in London.
Doctor Doom then encounters the Silver Surfer in Greenland, where he obtains information that the surfer is powerless without his board. He shares this information with the military and the Fantastic Four and team up to catch him in the Black Forest in Germany. While there, the Surfer encounters Sue and defends her from missiles after giving her information about what will take place. Doctor Doom then renders him unconscious, he steals the board for himself in order to obtain its powers.
The Fantastic Four free the Surfer from imprisonment in Siberia to use his help to defeat Doctor Doom. Doom throws a cosmic spear at the Surfer to kill him, but Sue steps in and saves him. She tries to use a force field to block the spear, but it passes through the field and impales her. The Surfer turns on Doom after he witnesses Sue dying in Reed's arms. The Surfer brings Sue back to life after being re-united with his board. He was inspired by her sacrifice which inspired him to turn against Galactus and no longer serve him. He then proceeds to destroy Galactus, appearing to implode as he does so.
In the film's final scene, the Surfer is seen drifting aimlessly in space and unconscious, his board is in the background. As he drifts off screen, his eyes open and his board flies towards him.
- Matter and Energy Conversion: According to Mister Fantastic, the Surfer is able to manipulate matter and energy.
- Energy Blast: Maybe an extension of matter and energy conversion, the Surfer was able to generate a blast of energy able to disintegrate and reintegrate Doctor Doom and affect his scarred flesh, regenerating him.
- Flight: Using his board, he can fly through space and in the air at great speed.
- Self-Sustainability: Since the board is the source of his power, it is likely that because of it that he needs no sustenance to survive.
- Fantastic Four - Enemies-turned-Allies
- Victor Von Doom - Enemy
- Galactus - Former Master-turned-Enemy
- Silver Surfer is portrayed by one actor and voiced by another.
- He has stood up to Galactus twice; the first time to spare his world and the second time on behalf of the Earth and the previous planets destroyed by him.
- He appears to be a tragic villain, as he is merely doing what he has to in favor of sparing his world and lost love.