Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Fantastic Four (2015 film)|
|Producer(s):|| Simon Kinberg|
|Writer(s):|| Simon Kinberg|
|Release Date:||August 7, 2015|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
Fantastic Four is the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot film. It is based of the superhero team of the same name. It was released in theaters on August 7th, 2015. The film was a box office and critical disappointment, where critics considered it to be the worst superhero movie ever made. The film was also considered dark, violent, dull, and pretentious amongst critics and fans. On August 23, 2016, actors Miles Teller and Kate Mara had expressed interest in starring in the sequel, while screenwriter Simon Kinberg is hoping to get the project made.
Childhood friends Reed Richards (Miles Teller) and Ben Grimm (Jamie Bell) have worked together on a prototype teleporter since their childhood, eventually attracting the attention of Professor Franklin Storm (Reg E. Cathey), director of the Baxter Foundation, a government-sponsored research institute for young prodigies.
Reed is recruited to join them and aid Storm's children, scientist Sue Storm (Kate Mara) and technician Johnny Storm (Michael B. Jordan), into completing a "Quantum Gate" designed by Storm's wayward protege, Victor von Doom (Toby Kebbell), who begrudgingly agrees to help due to his unrequited feelings for Sue.
The experiment is successful, and the facility's supervisor, Dr. Allen (Tim Blake Nelson), assembles a group of astronauts to venture into a parallel dimension known as "Planet Zero". Later that night, Reed, Johnny, and Victor get drunk and decide to embark on a unsanctioned voyage to Planet Zero.
After recruiting Ben, they travel to the planet and discover it is full of otherworldly substances. Victor attempts to collect a sample of the substances, causing the entire structure they're in to collapse and the ground to erupt with green lava-like substance.
Reed, Johnny, and Ben return to their shuttle just as Sue brings them back to Earth. Victor is left behind and assumed dead after he falls into the collapsing landscape. The machine explodes, altering Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben on a molecular-genetic level, affording them super-human conditions and abilities beyond their control.
They are then placed in government custody and confinement to be studied and have their conditions and abilities tested. Blaming himself for the accident, Reed escapes the facility and becomes a fugitive while desperately trying to find a cure.
One year later, Reed is located in South America by Sue and confronted by Ben, who has become a military asset along with Johnny and Sue. While in a plane, Reed attempts to apologize, but Ben is upset at him for abandoning the group back at the facility, and subsequently tells him that they are no longer friends. Johnny and Sue have been outfitted with specialized suits, one of which Reed later receives, designed to keep up with their conditions and abilities and to help them stabilize, control, and contain their abilities.
Reed is brought to Area 57, where Dr. Allen conscripts him to open another portal to Planet Zero in exchange for giving Reed the necessary resources to find a cure. Arriving in Planet Zero, Dr. Allen's explorers find Victor, who has been fused to his spacesuit and can now control the elements, as well as having telekinetic abilities, and bring him back to Earth. Driven insane by the experience and believing the human race needs to be destroyed so he can rebuild Planet Zero in his image, Victor kills Dr. Allen and goes on a deadly rampage throughout the base. Franklin confronts Victor and attempts to talk some sense into him, but he is unsuccesful and is killed by Victor. Victor returns to Planet Zero using the Quantum Gate.
On Planet Zero, Victor activates a portal, using a structure he made while in the realm, that begins consuming the landscape of the Earth and sucks the four in. He is confronted by the four and, after a high-stakes showdown, Ben punches Victor into the portal's energy beam, disintegrating him, while Johnny closes the portal. Returning to Earth, the group is rewarded for their heroics by being given a new base of operations by the United States military. They decide to use their powers to help people and adopt the mantle of the "Fantastic Four".
- Miles Teller as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
- Owen Judge as young Reed Richards
- Kate Mara as Susan Storm/Invisible Woman
- Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm/Human Torch
- Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm/The Thing
- Evan Hannemann as young Ben Grimm
- Toby Kebbell as Victor von Doom/Dr. Doom
- Tim Blake Nelson as Harvey Elder
- Reg E. Cathey as Franklin Storm
In April 2012 it was confirmed that Josh Trank will develop the reboot but it is unknown what role he will take in the production. In December 2012 it was announced to be released for March 6, 2015 and would be titled The Fantastic Four.
In February 2013 Mark Millar announced that Matthew Vaughn will produce the reboot through his twitter account. In the same month, Seth Grahame-Smith was reported to be "polishing" up the script. and Sources say that the new reboot is taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes and will tap deep into the comics mythology, which featured not just the better-known villains such as Doctor Doom and Galactus but also alien races the Kree and the Skrull, and the anti-matter universe known as the Negative Zone.  The upcoming film will be produced by Fox and will share continuity with the X-Men series, though still separate from the official Marvel Cinematic Universe produced by Marvel Studios.
In April 2013 it was rumored that production should begin September 2013 and be shot in Vancouver. One report saying that the film will be shot in Louisiana instead in Vancouver from the last films.Filming will begin in early May 2014 in Louisiana, as Baton Rouge will represent Central City, California.
In May 2013, Allison Williams and Michael B. Jordan are being consider for the Invisble Woman and the Human Torch. In a interview with First Showing, The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb would like to see a crossover with Spider-Man and Trank's Fantastic Four reboot film. In October 2013, Variety reported that actors Kit Harington, Jack O’Connell and Miles Teller are in line to get test offers to read for the role of Reed Richards while actress Saoirse Ronan, Kate Mara and Margot Robbie are being tested for Storm and Jordan who's the only actor currently being mentioned as a possibility to play Johnny Storm. Also Schmoes Know has confirmed that Jordan is cast as Storm and Simon Kinberg was hired to co-write and produce the film.  Teller confirm in a interview with Fandango that he's in talks for the role.  In January 2014, Variety report that Kinberg has finished rewriting the script for the film and also reported that the casting of both Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman will be announced at the end of the month, as Teller, Harington and Richard Madden are screen test for Mr. Fantastic and Mara and Ronan are screen tested for Invisible Woman. One report also say that Josh Gad is screen testing for The Thing, it was debunked by both Gad and Trank. Trank also debunked the film's synopsis.
In Feburary 2014, Mara and Emmy Rossum have screen test for the Invisible Woman, Teller screen test for Mr. Fantastic and Christian Crooke screen test for The Thing. Jordan also stated about the casting rumor about as Storm. In February 2014, it was revealed that Jordan would play Johnny Storm / Human Torch and Mara was cast as Sue Storm / Invisible Woman. Additionally, Teller and Jamie Bell have offers to play Reed Richards / Mr. Fantastic and Ben Grimm / The Thing, respectively. It was also revealed that the film will be based on the Ultimate Fantastic Four comic.  In March 2014, Teller confirmed that he would portray Richards, in addition to confirming Bell had been cast.  On March 11, 2014, The Wrap has reported that Sam Riley, Eddie Redmayne, Toby Kebbell and Domhnall Gleeson are in the running for Doctor Doom. Jack Huston was also reported to be in the running, but dropped out.  On April 1, 2014, Variety reported that Kebbell is cast as Doom. According to Nerdist, the Doombots will be appearing in the film. On April 13, 2014, Kebbell has confirmed on his Twitter account that he's portraying Doom. On April 8, 2014, it was announced that Ultimate Fantastic Four artist Bryan Hitch will work on the film as the designer. Later in April, Kinberg said that the film is "a much more grounded, gritty, realistic movie than the last couple movies" and and that the film tells a "younger" story than the original ones did with realistic and dramatic. On April 30, 2014, actor Tim Blake Nelson is in final talks for the role of Harvey Elder. Production began on May 5, 2014 in Baton Rouge, New Orleans. On May 8, 2014, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Reg E. Cathey is cast as Sue's and Johnny's father Franklin Storm. On May 12, 2014, Kinberg contradicted his statement that the film will not be in the same universe with X-Men. Filming ending on August 2, 2014.  It was revealed that the film will be in converted to 3D.
The film, made on a budget of $120 million dollars, made barely enough to cover it's budget, $170 million worldwide. It was also reported that director Josh Trank was violent and agitated during production of the film, namely yelling at the cast and crew for not doing a good job, and that studio executives were making rough cuts to the film as well. It was also reported by one of the production executives at Fox that Trank was doing drugs while directing the film, which may have caused him his career.
Actress Kate Mara was said to have been disgusted with Trank's treatment towards the actors and crew. After the release of the film, Trank went on twitter, stating that the studio butchered the final cut of the film, hoping that the film would be a 2 and a half hour epic, but they dumbed it down to 100 minutes, and that he will never direct another comic book movie again. A sequel was in production, but was cancelled after the film's release. However on August 23, 2016, Miles Teller and his costar Kate Mara had expressed interest in starring in the sequel, but has no current release date.
There were several deleted scenes that were in the film's trailer, but were cut:
Reed using his left arm to try and grab Victor before he starts to levitate away.
Ben about to beat up Doom while on Planet Zero, where he is shown making a fist, thus saying "It's Clobbering Time"!
Sue using her force field where she destroys several containers in the process.
Rather than Franklin dying, it was Johnny who ends up getting injured while fighting Doom, resulting in him getting crushed by a boulder controlled by Doom's telekinetic abilities.
An alternative ending was shown that Doom escapes from Planet Zero and ends up in his home country of Latveria where he is worshipped as a God in the original script. Johnny survives his injuries, and tells the team that this is only the beginning. Ben volunteers to dive bomb into the country, to apprehend Doom, but before long, Doombots start to appear. Ben then says his famous line before running towards the camera where it cuts to black and the credits start.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Jamie Bell Poised to Play The Thing; Has Fox Finally Found Its ‘Fantastic Four’? (Exclusive)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 ‘Fantastic Four’ Cast Revealed
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Toby Kebbell to Play ‘Fantastic Four’ Villain Doctor Doom (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Tim Blake Nelson in Final Talks to Join 'The Fantastic Four' (Exclusive)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Fox's 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Adds 'The Wire's' Reg E. Cathey (Exclusive)
- ↑ FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot Gets A 2015 Release Date!
- ↑ Mark Millar on Twitter: "Just off the phone with Fox and some excellent news - Matthew Vaughn is producing Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot!"
- ↑ 
- ↑ |Mark Millar Talks Shepherding Fox’s Marvel Movie Universe & Upcoming Films
- ↑ FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot Set To Shoot This September In Vancouver?
- ↑ 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana (Exclusive)
- ↑ 
- ↑ PREVIEW – PRODUCTION WEEKLY – ISSUE 881 – THURSDAY, JANUARY 16, 2014
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 The Fantastic Four Movie: Simon Kinberg Drops Origin and Story Hints
- ↑ ‘Girls’ Star Allison Williams Sets First Feature Starring Role
- ↑ Will 'Chronicle' Star Michael B. Jordan Be Human Torch in 'Fantastic Four'? (Exclusive)
- ↑ Comic-Con Interview: Marc Webb Chats 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
- ↑ ‘Fantastic Four’: Actors and Actresses Lining Up for Roles
- ↑ Fox Narrowing The ‘Fantastic Four’ Field
- ↑ 
- ↑ Exclusive: Miles Teller Confirms 'Fantastic Four' Talks; Admits 'Divergent' Sequel May Get in the Way
- ↑ Simon Kinberg Tapped to Write 'Fantastic Four' (Exclusive)
- ↑ ‘Fantastic Four’ Script In, Actors to Test by End of Month
- ↑ 'Fantastic Four' Screen Tests: Emmy Rossum, Kate Mara and Miles Teller in the Mix
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 'Fantastic Four' Screen Tests: Emmy Rossum, Kate Mara and Miles Teller in the Mix
- ↑ 
- ↑ Miles Teller on What Appealed to Him About The Fantastic Four Reboot
- ↑ ‘Fantastic Four': Dr. Doom Short List Down to 4 Actors With Accents (Exclusive)
- ↑ Nerdist News: Exclusive FANTASTIC FOUR Details Revealed!
- ↑ Bryan Hitch Working On The Fantastic Four Movie
- ↑ WonderCon 2014: Simon Kinberg on X-Men & Fantastic Four
- ↑ THE FANTASTIC FOUR Producer/Writer Simon Kinberg Talks about the Tone, Costumes, Shooting Schedule, and More at WonderCon
- ↑ 'Fantastic Four' reboot begins filming today in Baton Rouge; here's what we know so far
- ↑ Fantastic Four Reportedly Begins Shooting Today in New Orleans
- ↑ Don't Expect To See The X-Men In The Fantastic Four Reboot
- ↑ Production Wraps on The Fantastic Four Reboot
- ↑ Writer/Producer Simon Kinberg Talks THE FANTASTIC FOUR, Post-Converting to 3D, the Grounded Tone, and Writing Towards the Sequels
|Films:||The Fantastic Four | The Fantastic Four 2 | X-Men vs. Fantastic Four|
|Characters:||Mr. Fantastic | Invisible Woman | Human Torch | The Thing | Franklin Storm|
|Enemies:||Doctor Doom | Moleman|