Fantastic Four 2 was the tentative sequel title for the Fantastic Four reboot film and was going to be released on June 9, 2017.
To be added
Before Fantastic Four began filming, 20th Century Fox announced plans for a sequel with a scheduled release date of July 14, 2017. Fox then rescheduled the release for June 2, 2017, with War for the Planet of the Apes taking its place on the July 14, 2017, slot. It changed the release date again to June 9, 2017, to be two weeks after Star Wars: The Last Jedi's initial scheduled release date of May 26, 2017.
After the film bombed at the box office, the sequel was cancelled. However, if a sequel were to be released, it would be filmed on a bigger budget, with the same cast but a new director. The film would also have a lot of humor and plenty of action when the superhero team discover that Doom had made a deal with Galactus to destroy Earth. On August 23, 2016, Actors Miles Teller and Kate Mara had expressed interest in starring in the sequel, while screenwriter Simon Kinberg is hoping to get the project made. In September 2015, Tommy Wiseau has expressed enthusiasm in directing a sequel, having personal admiration for the film.
In November 2015, the sequel was removed from Fox's release schedule. In May 2016, Kinberg reaffirmed his intent to make another Fantastic Four film with the same cast. Later that month, Toby Kebbell stated he had no interest in reprising his role as Dr. Doom if a sequel were to happen. Both Miles Teller and Kate Mara said that they were open to returning for a sequel. On February 24, 2017, when asked by Collider whether they would make another Fantastic Four movie, Kinberg stated "I have no idea. I think the truth is we would not do another Fantastic Four movie until it was ready to be made. One of the lessons we learned on that movie is we want to make sure to get it 100% right, because we will not get another chance with the fans". On March 1, 2017, Kebbell told Hey U Guys that he would like to portrayed Doom again only if Marvel buys the rights. Stan Lee (co-creator of the Fantastic Four) also expressed interest in the Fantastic Four, as well as the X-Men, returning to Marvel Studios stating, "We should have all of our characters under Marvel. Remind me on my way home to do something about that. We'll do our best." However, Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, has stated that there is no plans in having the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Cinematic Universe for now.
In June 2017, Bleeding Cool reports 20th Century Fox has Seth Grahame-Smith working on a new treatment for the reboot that be a kid-friendly movie that's similar in concept to The Incredibles and that the new story will be told through the eyes of Mister Fantastic's and the Invisible Woman's children, Franklin and Valeria Richards.
- ↑ The 2015 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Will Get a Sequel in 2017
- ↑ Channing Tatum’s ‘Gambit’ Gets 2016 Release Date; ‘Fantastic Four’ Sequel Moves Up
- ↑ | title=Fantastic Four 2 Fears the Force, Moves Back a Week to June 9, 2017
- ↑ Fantastic Four Sequel Pulled from Fox Schedule|author = Perry, Spencer
- ↑ | title=Fantastic Four 2 Could Happen With Same Cast
- ↑ Toby Kebbell Has No Interest In Making a Fantastic Four Sequel
- ↑ Kate Mara Is Game for Fantastic Four 2
- ↑ Producer Simon Kinberg on Plans for a ‘Fantastic Four’ Sequel
- ↑ Exclusive: Toby Kebbell Would Return As Fantastic Four’s Doctor Doom…If Marvel Studios Get The Rights Back!
- ↑ Toby Kebbell talks Kong: Skull Island and what Doom could have been
- ↑ Stan Lee wants the Fantastic Four and X-Men film rights to be back at Marvel
- ↑ EVEN KEVIN FEIGE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH FANTASTIC FOUR
- ↑ No FANTASTIC FOUR In MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE, Says KEVIN FEIGE
- ↑ Rumours Of A New Fantastic Four Movie From Fox. You Know, For Kids.
|Films:||The Fantastic Four | The Fantastic Four 2 | X-Men vs. Fantastic Four|
|Characters:||Mr. Fantastic | Invisible Woman | Human Torch | The Thing | Franklin Storm|
|Enemies:||Doctor Doom | Moleman|